These are the strategic objectives of Flanders Hydraulics Research:
- We support the Government of Flanders in its efforts to:
- improve the safety of navigation;
- effectively and efficiently address flooding and water shortages, improve flood safety and focus on the management of water quantity;
- develop safe, efficient and effective water-related infrastructure;
- develop sustainable coastal and waterway management;
- contribute to the waterway, coastal and port policy, as part of economic development, but while also taking into account the environmental impact.
- We commit to the long-term objectives of the policy and the customers.
- We form strategic alliances to improve our services and strengthen our position.
- We develop specific scientific instruments and strive for applicable, high-quality and economically justifiable innovation.